1. Fill out the Electrionic Pre-Adoption form found in the ADOPT section of this website.
2. View our adoptable pets by clicking on the 'See Our Adoptable Dogs' or 'See our Adoptable Cats' sections under the Adopt tab in this website. Or by going to www.petfinder.com and do a search using 64152 as the Zip Code.
3. Make an appointment to visit the shelter and let one of our wonderful volunteers assit you in meeting your new family member. Please call 816-587-0918, then press 1 dogs, or 3 for cats and please leave a message, so that we may return your call and schedule your visit.
4. Once all the adoption requirements have been met, including possible home visits (required for bully breeds), you will be on your way to taking your new friend home.The adoption fee for dogs is $125. For cats, it is normally $100 for the first cat and 50% off the second. Senior cats (8 years or older) adopted to a senior citizen (60 years or older) are half price. All pets are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped, heartworm tested, and up to date on prevention prior to adoption.
Come see us at the following:
- Dog adoptions at the shelter on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Cat Adoptions at the shelter on Saturdays from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Not ready to adopt...We love foster families!
Can you help a friend in need? The FOPAS foster program plays an important role in our adoption success, providing socialization, training and an understanding of each animal's needs to help us find a good match with potential families. Food and medical needs are covered by FOPAS but we do ask that you are able to transport the cat or dog to Saturday adoptions. Of course, foster families also help us rescue more animals! With limited shelter space available, opening your home and heart to a stray truly saves lives by allowing us to welcome more animals in need. YOU can help ensure our continuing success.
Sponsor a Pet
Sometimes it's just not possible to adopt a pet- or another pet- but you still want to help the many dogs and cats which are waiting for a chance for a forever home at the shelter. FOPAS's dogs and cats need your help, and you can help one or more of them today!
Click HERE to download the sponsorship form and send to FOPAS to begin your sponsorship! The dogs, cats and volunteers all THANK YOU!!