There are many ways to help the cats and dogs at FOPAS. Here are a few ideas:
- Volunteer, Foster, Adopt! Volunteers are needed for cat care, dog walking, cleaning pens, and helping at FOPAS Fabulous Finds. Direct animal care requires a regular, one-day-per-week commitment. Dog care training is scheduled on the third Wednesday of every month at 5pm sharp. We meet at the shelter dog house, 1356 NW 9 Hwy. Cat care is scheduled on an individual basis. Please contact the shelter at 816.587.0918 or email@example.com.
- Donate funds!
- Shop, volunteer, or donate at FOPAS Fabulous Finds, open Friday and Saturday, 10am-5pm, at 8 East Street.
- For Amazon users, make FOPAS your "Charity of Choice" on Amazon SMILE and a donation will be made for every purchase.
- Purchase Paw Print Trash Bags at the shelter, FOPAS Fabulous Finds, or your local veterinary office.
- Purchase a brick in memory of a beloved friend or family member. Contact Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bricks are $50 each or two for $90.
Contribute gently used items for FOPAS Fabulous Finds or supplies to keep our strays well cared for.
FOPAS Fabulous Finds
FOPAS Fabulous Finds is open every Friday and Saturday from 10am-5pm at 8 East Street in fabulous downtown Parkville. Proceeds benefit the cats and dogs in our care. If you have furniture, home decor, or accessories to donate please contact Becky at 816.853.7856. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please remember, we cannot accept clothing, exercise equipment, or appliances.
Supplies Wish List
If you are unable to donate financially, the shelter is always in need of supplies.
KMR- kitten formula, KMR- powder- 2nd step, Royal Canin-small bite kitten food or Blue Buffalo kitten food, L-Lysine powder or treats, dewormers, eye and ear medications
Cat dry food- Iams- weight watchers and Purina One brands, Cat can food- any brand!
Cat toys/cardboard scratchers, DVD player, flat screen TV’s to hang on walls (24”-32”)
CD’s of soft classical/nature sounds, electronic fish aquariums etc CD players
Litter-clay or clumpable, paper towels, large trash bags, Swiffer wet wipes, Clorox wipes, latex gloves,
cotton balls, hand sanitizer, cardboard soda flats
One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel (2) http://onefastcat.com/?gclid=CNyxiY2I1M4CFQyCaQodBYINBAAH 58205 |
Lucky Dog Animal House™ Standard Duty 60in L x 60in W x 90in H Flat Covered (cat walk in condo)
Kirkland’s (Costco's brand) canned dog food
Crunchy dog treats (no rawhides please).
6 foot leashes
Heartworm prevention (all sizes, M-L most common), dewormers, flea/tick preventative
Sturdy dog toys and stuffed animals
Dog beds- gently used sheets, towels, bedding material
Dish soap, paper towels, Mr. Clean with Febreze